Saturday, December 27, 2014

Having a Healthy Heart



Snow is falling, so I am beginning to feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and getting an inexplicable urge to wish goodwill to all men. I love this time of year, but it is having a terrible effect on one thing – my exercise routine. My morning jog has become an essential part of my fitness routine, but I’m afraid I am not hardcore enough to run in the snow. Therefore, for the winter season, I have been focusing more on indoor cardio routines. I have been tinkering with a few different exercises and am gradually figuring out what I like and what I never want to do again. 

I began by trying out some of the exercises and I can feel my muscles working extremely hard when I do these exercises and hope they deliver on the promise of keeping away cardiovascular disease.

If you are a beginner, it’s important to start slowly. According to Healthline, the CDC recommends starting with just 20 minutes and then gradually building up the time and intensity. I started with a little more than this because my body was already used to a certain amount of exercise, but I guess it’s just about listening to your body’s needs.

I am really keen on increasing my heart health and avoiding any nasty diseases in future, and I have grown into a fan of this exercise in particular:

The Pelvic Tilt

pelvic tilt exercise

 


  1. Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor
  2. Pull pelvis and ribs off the floor for 10 second
  3. Slowly lower back to the floor

I like this one because it is easy to do if I am short on time and really keeps my abdominal muscles working – even if it might not be so great for those who have back problems. Just play around and see what works for you and your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment