Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Step Aerobics – Group Exercise

By now, experts have well-explained the benefits of exercise. Here's a quick reminder:

  • Preventing cardiovascular disease
  • Losing weight
  • Keeping bones strong
  • Reduces stress & improves sleep
I've still been taking two or 3 tablets of Macafem every day to balance my hormone levels and keep my menopause symptoms under control. It's helped me to lose weight as well, along with the exercise I've been doing. But, as the year goes on, I realized I need a change in routine so that aerobics wouldn't become a chore. Luckily, Macafem has this helpful guide on choosing a fitness class.

Taking those tips in mind and looking at what my local Y offers, I decided on a step aerobics class. I thought it would be a great way to meet some new people, and it's also low-impact and strengthens joints, which is great for my bothersome knee.

My Experience with Step Aerobics Class


First, a little bit on step aerobics. You use a small platform to move on. Each class is led by an instructor who has choreographed the session. The cool thing is that step was created by a woman who was also having knee problems but wanted to keep exercising. It can strengthen the muscles of the legs, helping to support the knees.

My first step class was yesterday, and I was a bit nervous. The instructor was a really nice gal who understood it was my first time doing step. It was all a little complicated at first – what with lunges, T-step, corner knee, and everything – but I think I'm going to get the hang of it! I also got a chance to chat with some of the ladies after class. It's a great way to get motivated to exercise and keep with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment